Joined on September, 2010
Any day at any time
Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationMAppSc Marine Biology, James Cook University, Australia, (with Distinction), completed 2008
BSc Hons Biological Sciences, University of Exeter, UK, (Class I), completed 2006
ExperienceSCHOOL TEST SCORES:
- A-level (UK grade 12-13): Biology A; Geography A, Chemistry B, completed 2003
- GCSEs(UK grade 7-11): 11 GCSEs including single science subjects, maths, english and geography, all at A* or A, completed 2001
- Private Tutor, science and math grade 10, Townsville, Australia, 2009-2010. Effective communication skills, the ability to explain concepts in a straight-forward manner, and the ability to encourage and enthuse have enabled me to work effectively with my student; Last year she received an annual progress award from her school.
- Interpretive Guide, Reef HQ Aquarium, Townsville, Australia, 2008: Through informal chats, answering questions and more formal guided tours I had the opportunity to speak with and educate people of different ages and backgrounds about marine issues.
- Minke Whale Biologist and Guide, MWP, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia, 2007-2008: Working aboard a live-aboard dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef, I was responsible for collecting behavioural data and informing and educating the passengers about the whales through formal presentations, informal discussions, and answering their questions.
- Trainee Swim Instructor, Townsville, Australia, 2010- I am currently working towards an Austswim qualification which teaches me how to conduct effective learning for children in the water
- Trainee Massage Therapist, Australia, 2010- I am currently studying part-time towards a qualification in massage therapy, primarily due to the sense of fulfilment I gain through assisting others.
Working with others to help them realise their goals is extremely rewarding. I also take great enjoyment from encouraging, inpiring and motivating others and helping them to get the most out of life, whether it be through academic learning, sport or health.
HobbiesI am an active person who loves the outdoors. I enjoy running, swimming, climbing, yoga and tennis. I also enjoy snorkelling and am a PADI Open Water diver. I enjoy travel and have spent time in areas across Europe, Southeast Asia, North America and Africa. I learnt to cook at a young age and enjoy being experimental in the kitchen and hosting dinner parties for friends and family.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.